– crock pot sweet potato chili recipe –
This cold weather has got me craving all things warm and cozy – in a bowl specifically. I love thick soups but I also love a good chili. Make it a crock pot and meal prep – friendly recipe and I’m sold!
I made this for my meal prep lunches this week and it was seriously so easy! And it came out SO GOOD. so I had to share with you guys!
All you need to do is cut up the veggies – and if you’re feeling extra lazy you can even buy them all pre-chopped at whole foods! If you get it pre-chopped all you need to do is throw it all in the crock pot, turn it on and come back to it 6 hours later. It can’t get any easier. Another tip is to get the cut-up veggies frozen because it’s usually cheaper and fresher since it’s frozen right when it’s picked! I haven’t been able to find frozen sweet potatoes lately and I couldn’t find frozen carrots that didn’t come with peas, but if you do I highly recommend doing that!
Now let’s get onto the recipe!
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 onion, diced
- 1.5 cups riced cauliflower (I like getting the frozen cauliflower rice from trader joes or whole foods, but you can also get one head of cauliflower and process in a food processor until it has a rice-like texture)
- 1 lb organic grass fed ground beef (I highly recommend this brand – even if you don’t keep kosher! Their quality is AMAZING)
- 1 13.5oz can full fat coconut milk (Trader Joe’s has the best quality and best price!)
- 1.5 cups filtered water
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp marjoram
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
Chop the sweet potato, onion, and carrots (or buy them pre-cut for a quick and easy meal prep!)
Add all ingredients into your crock pot and cook on high for 6 hours.
Give it a mix, remove the bay leaves, serve and enjoy it fresh! You can also split into separate containers for a week’s worth of meal prep or freeze it for later as well!